Thursday, August 16, 2012

New House in Lomé!


I actually moved to Lomé!  …in May actually, but it took a while for Peace Corps to find me an adequate place.  I’m pretty lucky actually because my place is literally a 30 second walk from the Peace Corps office in Lomé.  Lomé is the capital of Togo located on the ocean and on the border of Ghana.  I am about a 10 minute walk from the ocean and a 25 minute walk from Ghana.  Technically I have beach front property!    However, before anyone gets jealous the beach is not very fun.  The riptides are so bad you can’t even swim in it and there is absolutely no regulation so there are a few crazies that roam around and various other unsavory characters with whom I would rather not come in contact.  It is safe around where I live though.  Anyway, I took pictures of moving out of Adjengré and my house in Lomé as of just a few days ago.  To view the photos just click on the album link below:


https://picasaweb.google.com/103557026058113179817/MyNewHouse?authuser=0&feat=directlink

No comments:

Post a Comment