Monday, September 10, 2012

9 Days Till COS

9 days still I COS (Close of Service)! I can’t believe it. Now this doesn’t mean I’m leaving Togo on September 19th. I’ll still be in Togo till the morning of the 22nd. Chelsie is COSing on the 21st and we are planning on heading to Ghana for a week before returning home to the States on October 2nd. I still have a number of things to finish before I go though. Just to give a little update:

1. Contact Directory Project – have to train Peace Corps staff in using this contact directory I made that makes it really easy to sort and filter the contacts of PCVs and staff. Also what makes it good is that you can automatically import all the contacts into your Gmail or Outlook which is really nice.

2. Upload all Grant Proposals and Completion Reports to our Google Drive folder – we have 3 years of past grants proposals and reports that no one has easy access to. I’ve been renaming them and organizing them. Almost done.

3. Togolese cookbook in French – Last year I wrote a cookbook with another volunteer, using recipes from the cookbook that we have in English called: Where There is No Whopper (it was started by volunteers in Togo and slowly added to little by little over the years), we translated some recipes into French. Our cookbook called Les Cadeaux du Terre (The Gifts of the Ground) shows cheap food that can be made and the countries that the food comes from. Here in Togo people don’t experiment with food, but in general people are interested in trying new foods.

4. Description of Service (DOS)– a document that every volunteer has to fill out describing in two to three pages what you have done during your service. It is the only real record of what you have done during your service.

5. Signatures, signatures, signatures – we have a list of like 10 signatures from Peace Corps staff we need to get in order to be allowed to leave.

6. Final medical checkup.

7. Presentation in French of the mosquito net evaluation project.

8. Submitting the mosquito net evaluation project receipts and completion report.

9. Saying goodbye to friends here – there’s a few people that I need to say goodbye to.

It is pretty strange being here for so long and finally it is coming to an end. I feel ready to go home, however I do like it here and the freedom is what I’m going to miss. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment