Sunday, December 19, 2010

Coming to America!

This is an interesting moment for me. I seem to be feeling a number of emotions now that I'll be in less than 48 hours. It is quite strange for me that I will be in the US…it is hard to explain but America here is considered the promised land, paradise and even though I know this to be a falsehood fabricated by the film industry and believed by Togolese who watch the films and soap operas religiously the simple fact that there a paved roads and cheese burgers makes it hard for me to argue that it is in fact not paradise.

The flight is not quite 12 hours…which is pretty amazing I think. I will be coming from 80-90 degree weather into...winter. I also forgot to pack socks for my shoes…so I might be arriving in sandals…it might get a little painful. I will be leaving around 10am in the morning my time and if there are no delays arrive around 5:00pm New York time. Anyway I better get going. In a couple hours I'm leaving to go to Ghana and get a hotel room so that I'll be able to get to my flight the next morning. I'll see everyone soon!

1 comment: