Thursday, December 16, 2010

Thank you!!!

I wanted to just write a quick note to thank everyone who donated to the Pump and Well PeaceCorps Partnership Project. I really appreciate it! We have already started on the first phase of the project which is repairing the pumps in Tittigbé. That should be completed within the month and Trent, the volunteer posted in Tittigbé, is in charge of this. The next phase will be the construction of the well in Atonko, however I won't be starting construction till the height of dry season which is in the month of February 2011. The reason behind this is that during rainy season one can find water pretty much anywhere below the surface, but during dry season this proves difficult. Therefore, one wants to ensure that the well will be full at all times of the year and so everyone builds their wells and pumps during dry season.

I will make sure to provide updates on the status of the project with pictures of its progress.

Thanks again! I really appreciate and I confident that this project will do a lot of good for many, many people in Togo.

Update: I wrote this blog a few weeks ago, but had some trouble uploading. All the pumps in Tittigbé have been repaired! Trent documented all of this so when I get back from America I will upload pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment